In 2001, Pentrex was proud to release six rare Union Pacific publicity and safety training films that had never before been presented to the general public. Now this classic collection is available to you on one DVD. Produced by the Union Pacific during the 1970s, these films bring you a nostalgic view into the day-to-day workings of a railroading icon. Included on this disc are:
* The Trainmaster: Man on the Move. Travel throughout the UP system to experience the challenges faced by Trainmasters as they keep the railroad running smoothly.
* Wired for Safety. This safety training film for railroad electricians includes glimpses of Centennial locomotive 6902 and E-unit 954.
* Careful, Carman! Employees working on freight cars learn safe practices and procedures in this instructional film.
* Rails on the Move. Follow the progress of a steel rail from its manufacture, through welding into strings, to installation in the field. Watch each machine perform its step in the rail-laying process. Ride on a welded rail train as it curves through the mountains on a Utah branch line.
* Track Team. Produced to instruct track workers about safety procedures, this film covers the use of hand tools, power machinery, and motor cars.
* Freight Car Pit Stop. Visit a mechanized car repair facility and learn how it functions to keep the freight car fleet on the road.
These vintage films take you back a generation yet they are as entertaining and informational today as they were 30 years ago! You re Workin on the Union Pacific!
1 Hour 35 Minutes In Color with Hi-Fi Sound and Narration Full-screen (4x3) Format No region code; can be played in NTSC DVD players worldwide Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case ISBN: 11-56342-261-1 UPC: 7-48268-00544-2 Copyright Pentrex 2009
Award Value: 124 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
1 Hour, 35 Mins ($0.26/min)
0 Worldwide NTSC
Workin on the Union Pacific DVD
rrvideoman on 2010-01-25 07:55:39.
People who found this review helpful: 3
5 of 5
Here is an excellent historical video on a variety of topics involving the railroad that we rarely get to see. 6 shorter videos into one, with topics ranging from safety to general pubicity, based in the 1970's. There is a lot of great information in this video for all railfans, and the historians will really like this one. Much of the safety practices are still very important for today and we can learn a lot from it. Pentrex has done a great job putting this one together, and needs to be commended. 5 stars all the way.
Additional remarks by rrvideoman: Narration:Just enough. Would kids enjoy this?Definitely! Image quality:Excellent! DVD Value:Excellent Value! Recommend to others?A "Must Have"!