Welsh Wanderings & Scottish Flings DVD
Vale of Rheidol Talyllyn Ffestiniog Welsh Highland. We're talking the "Great Little Trains of Wales"! These two footers have tall tales to tell - the slate they hauled, the birth of the railway preservation movement, their continued popularity and ongoing construction which promised to soon creak UK's longest heritage railway. From modern DMUs you will view the precipitous Cambrian Coast as we explore the Mid-Wales Region, including a visit to Conwy Valley Railway Museum which holds some unique attractions. If only to show contrast, we include one standard gauge streamline, North Yorkshire Moors, which is the most popular in England with some 300,000 riders annually.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
Then - it's north to Scotland to ride the Kyle of Lochalsh Line. Magical scenery in lingering twilight includes verdant hills reflected by mirror lakes. And then - the far north line to the twin Termini of Thurso and Wick. Pause in the vast peatlands at Forsinard, home to a nature reserve. Overnight at Rogart, where "SLEEPERZZZ" offers hostel accomodations in old sleeping cars. A good bet: after viewing, you may want to make this journey yourself!
[TVD NOTE: Our apologies if we got any of the town names incorrect. You can see by viewing the back cover that the text is almost impossible to read and was therefore very difficult to transcribe. Please contact us if you notice anything not spelled correctly.]
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 12 Mins ($0.30/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.