Secret Railways of North Korea DVD
These amazing scenes were made between 1989 and 2003 during a series of sanctioned tours by Bill Alborough of England. Rail action includes modem electrics which dominate over 80% of the network, along with steam and diesel of various types. There is even some very rare narrow gauge steam, the visit to which required some difficult negotiation! Streetcars, trolleybuses, and the palatial Metro are also viewed.
Beyond this, you will marvel at the empty thoroughfares. a bridge to China still in ruins from the 1950 bombing, excessive homage to "Mr. Kim", a never opened 105 story tourist hotel, and the unforgettable expressions of children as their ensemble performs on the station platform.
Pace steam across the causeway completed in 2003 toward South Korea - a link yet unused as of 2007. symbolic of an isolated nation.
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 00 Mins ($0.36/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.