Heritage Series Early CSX Changing Times on the West End DVD
The early years of CSX Transportation are the focus of this program in The Heritage Series, featuring scenes of railroading that can never be experienced again.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
When the Chessie System and the Seaboard System were combined, the new railroad had two routes into East St Louis: the former Louisville & Nashville line from Louisville and the former Baltimore & Ohio line from Cincinnati. For a number of years, through trains were routed over both routes before being shifted onto the former B&O.
Engines painted in several predecessor roads are seen, including Chessie System, Seaboard System, Family Lines, Louisville & Nashville and Baltimore & Ohio. The are joined by engines painted in three different CSX schemes.
Neither of these lines see traffic for St Louis today, with the L&N severed west of Oakawville, Illinois, and the B&O out of service entirely.
The Heritage Series features railroads as they were, from fallen flags to steam locomotives in excursion service that are no longer in operation today.
Award Value: 89 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 45 Mins ($0.17/min)|
|Producer:||Diverging Clear Productions|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- Some or all of the DVDs or Blu-rays from this producer are manufactured using DVD-R or BD-R material.
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- The products this producer offers have a home-made appearance. They are usually made in extremely small quantities. Everything we sell is brand new direct from the producer.
- This product comes in a slimline 7mm width DVD case.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.