Broadway Limited 1902-1995 DVD
1902 witnessed inauguration of "BROADWAY" predecessor "PENNSYLVANIA SPECIAL" on a daring 20-hour schedule, cut to 18 hours in 1905 when the speedster was reinstated in historic fashion. Follow her splendid career through the decades as K-4s, GG-1s, T-1s and E-8s headed the New York City - Chicago fleet leader of the Pennsylvania Railroad. By 1967 this last All-Pullman overnighter was combined with the "GENERAL". Although the "BROADWAY LIMITED" name survived, numbers #28 - 29 were retired along with the distinctive observation cars.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
There is good coverage of the often neglected Penn Central years leading to the Amtrak takeover on May 1, 1971 when "BROADWAY" became the sole link between Chicago and East. Ride that first run - as well as the final trip on September 9, 1995 all the way from Chicago. There are many surprises, re-routings, and ignominious slow downs as the end approached! Enjoy nearly a century of one of America's landmark trains.
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 40 Mins ($0.22/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.