Changing Your Username
At this time it isn't possible to directly change your username. If you would like to change your username, contact us with your desired new username and we'll change it for you if that name is not taken.
How Does the Point System Work?
We want to reward you for making repeated purchases at Train Video Depot, and to encourage you to stay with us. So for every purchase made, we issue a certain number of points based on the DOLLAR amount of the item(s) you've purchased. As you purchase more, your points accumulate. The current ratio is Product Price x 5 (i.e. $34.59 x 5 = 173 points).
There are no tricks, delays or expiration dates. Your awards are issued minutes after your order is completed (except when ordering by phone, mail or Google Checkout). You MUST be logged in when you make your purchase to receive your points, so it's very important that you make sure you are logged in BEFORE selecting your payment choice.
Ok, so what can I do with these points?
Points are treated like cash. Every point is a penny. It doesn't sound like a lot, but they'll add up faster than you think! If you have 1494 points, you'll have accrued $14.94.
How do I redeem these points?
- You can redeem your points during the checkout process when using our secure checkout system, or PayPal. You can not receive or redeem points using Google Checkout at this time.
- You must have a balance of 1000 points ($10.00) or more to redeem your points.
- Points can be used on any and all portions of the sale. Sales Tax & Shipping too!
- If you have enough points to cover your purchase, it's totally free and you won't need to make any payments!
- When using our secure checkout system, the option to enter your points is on the Credit Card Payment screen (the one right after you enter your shipping address).
- On PayPal, you need to log in to PayPal first. Then you will be returned to our site and you'll have the option to redeem your points on the screen after you select your shipping method. Note: If you plan on redeeming all your points, you'll save the hassle of having to log in to PayPal and saving several steps by simply selecting our secure checkout instead of PayPal.
Are there any catches to this loyalty program?
- Points can only be earned when your order originates on our website trainvideodepot.com. It is not available at this time for mail, phone and Google Checkout orders.
- We won't take your points away from you, but we do reserve the right to change the ratio at which you earn points on future orders and/or the number of points you need to accumulate before being able to redeem them.
- Points are only calculated from actual products. Sales tax, shipping and gift certificates are not included in awards.
- You may be subject to shipping charges if the price of your order is reduced below our free shipping threshold.
- Points are only applied on the paid portion of an order. When redeeming your points towards a purchase, you will only receive NEW points for that portion of the order that was not covered with the used points. For example. If you order a $14.95 DVD and use 1495 points to pay for it, you won't receive any new credit towards that purchase. But if the DVD you picked was $34.95 and you used only 1495 points, you would receive credit for $20.00 worth of that DVD ($34.95 - 1495 credits = $20.00).
Change your password by clicking on the SETTINGS link at the top right of the page. Enter your existing password, then your new password twice.
Change E-Mail Address or other Personal Info
You can change numerous option on the SETTINGS link at the top right.
Is there any of my information that is visible to others here?
Yes. Your username, state or province and country are displayed with reviews and your profile (if created). Your real name, e-mail, address and phone number are NEVER revealed, given or sold to anyone at any time.
What is My Stuff?
My Stuff is a place that holds several great features that you can use on Train Video Depot.
Manage Wish List: A place you can add items you like to save for a later date like a wish list.
Edit Profile: You can tell others about what you like in railroading, occupations, scale hobbies, etc. (Public)
My Reviews: This shows the reviews or responses to reviews you've placed when logged in.
My History: This shows your purchase history and status.