Costa Rica Tico Train Revival DVD 2 of 5 (1)
North America's only electrified narrow gauge mainline was relegated to diesel operation in 1986, and soon thereafter came the end for passenger, then freight services. 2005 saw a new direction in transportation policy, one which includes the use of rail for urban transport, tourism, and limited freight. In this program we view the electrified operation in 1980 as well as commuter and "Tico Train" runs, from the cab, caboose, and trackside. We will also take in some of the natural wonders of this Central American country. And, travel along a 600mm line winding and looping up the hillside above Lake Arenal to reach Costa Rica's only revolving restaurant! Celebrate the rebirth of rail, from the capital San Jose to the Pacific shore.
[TVD NOTE:] This producer uses Ligtescribe type DVDs and some titles include literature that may rub against the disc surface in transit to us causing fine scratches. This will not affect DVD play in any way. We ship with a piece of foam to protect the DVD disc.
TVD NOTE: This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||2 Hours, 00 Mins ($0.18/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.
Costa Rica Tico Train Revival DVD
Benjamin (Sacramento, CA) on 2013-10-22 10:13:09.
We have verified that this reviewer has purchased this item from Train Video Depot because this reviewer is a member of our loyalty program and was signed in when they purchased the item and when they left the review.
Compared to other Revelation Video releases this one is very weak. There is less back ground... no maps... and no good shots of the former Spanish DMUs.
Additional remarks by Benjamin:
Narration: Could have used more.
Would kids enjoy this? I doubt it.
Image quality: Good.
DVD Value: Overpriced for the amount of enjoyment I got out of it.
Recommend to others? Not unless they REALLY were interested in the subject matter.
Respond to this review