Best of 1989 DVD Train Video
Pentrex traveled the country in 1989, capturing the railroading highlights of the year. The result was a two-hour show filled with great steam and diesel action. Now you can enjoy the special railroading events of 1989 with the enhanced viewing capabilities of DVD. Featured are:
DVD Special Feature:
- Santa Fe Warbonnets: One of the most famous paint schemes of all time was brought back to the rails after almost 20 years to mark the introduction of Santa Fe"s Super Fleet.
- Norfolk & Western 611: Heading up the Blue Grass Railroad Museum"s annual Fall trip, the 611 powers its train along the Southern"s Rathole Division.
- The Napa Valley Wine Train: Two Alco FPA-4 units head this elegant burgundy, gold, and green dinner train on its 36-mile route through California"s beautiful Napa Valley.
- Norfolk &Western 1218: Follow N&W"s Class A 1218 on its May, 1989 excursion from Richmond to Roanoke, West Virginia.
- CSX F-Units: The New River Train, led by an AB set of F-units, departs Huntington, West Virginia and travels through the glorious New River Gorge.
- Cuyahoga Valley Line: Follow former Grand Trunk Mikado #4070 on this Ohio excursion line. The Alco 2-8-2 and its 10-car train look fantastic!
- Trailer Train: A special Santa Fe train carrying trailers and containers on almost every type of car produced by Trailer Train traveled to Cajon Pass for a special photo shoot.
- NKP 765: Travel with Nickel Plate 765 as it leads a small train from Ohio to West Virginia. The 2-8-4 had its share of disappointments in 1989 but this trip looks great!
- Western Allegheny F-units: Watch as ABA F-units haul coal on the Western Allegheny Division of the Bessemer & Lake Erie Railroad, 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
- Chapter Menu provides instant access to program segments.
In Color with Hi-Fi Sound and Narration
Full-screen (4x3) Format
No region code; can be played in any NTSC DVD player worldwide
Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case
- TVD Avg Rating:
- 5 of 5 (1)
Award Value: 49 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||2 Hours, 00 Mins|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|
Steamboy (Revere MA US) on 2017-06-03 09:09:05.
We have verified that this reviewer has purchased this item from Train Video Depot because this reviewer is a member of our loyalty program and was signed in when they purchased the item and when they left the review.
Made in 2005 this was the first best of pentrex video to be made on DVD. As the program goes, it zig-zags from diesel to steam to diesel again and vice versia. There is still lots of Great steam action with N&W 611 & 1218, plus NKP 765, and the now disassembled GT 4070 on the cuyahoga valley scenic. Some early diesels are also shown, as well as the only new river train where CSX F's operate instead of 765 due to some failures. Speaking of Cuyahoga, that word always uses 2 letter A's not 3. That would count as a goof. Eventually, my copy is the 2014 reprint because of the different menu design, and lots of pentrex previews in the present days.
Additional remarks by Steamboy:
Narration: Just enough.
Would kids enjoy this? Yes.
Image quality: Excellent!
DVD Value:: Fair.
Recommend to others? A "Must Have"!
Respond to this review