The Fifties Express DVD
Throughout the Fifties, railfan Irv August filmed the daily activities of North America's railroads. Those days are gone forever, but now by special arrangement with the ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAILROAD CLUB you can re-live those distant days. Climb aboard for a trip to a time when Steam Engines and First Generation Diesels roamed America's railroads.
Actor-Announcer-Railfan Rege Cordic narrates this high quality production featuring 15 different railroads.
* CENTRAL VERMONT steam at the White River Roundhouse.
* CANADIAN NATIONAL trains west of Montreal.
* WESTERN MARYLAND freight and passenger trains between Elkins, West Virginia and Cumberland, Maryland.
* BALTIMORE & OHIO freight and passenger trains.
* PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD steam on Horse Shoe Curve.
* Trackside views of the NEW YORK CENTRAL, the NICKEL PLATE, the BOSTON & MAINE and the two foot gauge at EDAVILLE in Massachusetts.
* NEW HAVEN steam fan trip in 1953.
* NORFOLK & WESTERN Y-6 2-8-8-2 compound articulateds along with the sleek "J" engines on the "Powhatan and "Cavalier" passenger trains.
* DULUTH, MISSABE & IRON RANGE articulateds move ore to the docks at Two Harbors, Minnesota.
* NORTHERN PACIFIC articulated is serviced at Bozeman, Montana.
* MILWAUKEE ROAD electrics on the "Olympian" leaving Three Forks, Montana. "Little Joes" arrive with a freight.
* CANADIAN PACIFIC steam and diesel trains in the Candian Rockies.
Award Value: 124 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Producer:||WB Video Productions|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|