Steamin in 2019 - Big Boy 4014 N&W 611 and MORE DVD
Come along as we visit six operating steam locomotives and an operating locomotive crane. Locomotives vary in size from a 2-8-0 to a 4-8-8-4.
Our show starts on the Iowa Interstate as 2-10-2 #6988 makes a visit to Illinois to pull a series of trips to benefit first responders. The weather varied from sunny to heavy rain during her visit, and our visit concludes with the locomotive making time on a deadhead freight run.
Our next visit is to the Monticello Railway Museum in central Illinois. Part one of our visit finds Southern Railway 2-8-0 #401 in operation in July and during September’s Railroad Days. Part two of our Monticello segment looks at Bates & Rogers locomotive crane #11442, a 1944 product of the Industrial Brownhoist Corporation. Two cameras were mounted on board in addition to cameras on the ground.
Days after Railroad Days in Monticello, we were in Strasburg, Pennsylvania, for vie days of filming. During the first two days, 2-10-0 #90 was captured hauling Strasburg’s regular excursion trains. The famous Decapod has now been running on the Strasburg Rail Road for 52 years; considerably longer than her first career on Colorado’s Great Western Railway.
Following two days of normal operations at Strasburg, we captured the first weekend of the “Norfolk & Western Steam Reunion” featuring Strasburg’s own N&W 4-8-0 #475 and the visiting N&W 4-8-4 #611. #475 emerged from the shop in fresh paint just before the event, and the pair of locomotives made for a fun filled weekend!
The last segment looks at Union Pacific’s newest star: Big Boy 4-8-8-4 #4014. We traveled to North Little Rock as the locomotive was headed home to Cheyenne on a two-month tour that took her to California and Texas. We stopped by as the locomotive was displayed at Jenks Shop, and then filmed #4014 and train as it headed to Van Buren, Arkansas, the next day. Along the way we captured some priceless images of the largest engine that will ever run along the former Missouri Pacific line.
DVD-R Only -- 1 hour and 55 minutes
Award Value: 76 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 55 Mins ($0.13/min)|
|Producer:||Diverging Clear Productions|
|Aspect Ratio:||Wide Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- Some or all of the DVDs or Blu-rays from this producer are manufactured using DVD-R or BD-R material.
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- The products this producer offers have a home-made appearance. They are usually made in extremely small quantities. Everything we sell is brand new direct from the producer.
- This product comes in a slimline 7mm width DVD case.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.