Steam Across America Combo DVD Train Video
Volume I - The East
Volume II - The West
Pentrex takes you back to the late 1950s and early 1960s for a close-up look at the waning years of steam locomotives in operation on America"s railroads. The exceptional color footage used for this presentation was captured on 16mm film by noted rail photographer Bruce Ward. Originally released as two separate programs - one focusing on steam railroading in the eastern United States and the other featuring the last of the great steam locomotives serving the western roads - both shows have now been combined on one DVD, bringing you a complete picture of American steam railroading at the end of an era. In this remarkable program, you will be treated to rare images of:
Volume I - The East:
Volume II - The West:
- Norfolk & Western: class J"s in passenger service; class Ks, As, and Ys in freight service.
- Baltimore & Ohio: class S-1 2-10-2s switching and in mainline duty; class T-3s on the mainline; and class EM-1 2-8-8-4 Yellowstones hauling coal.
- Pennsylvania Railroad: a wide variety of locomotives in action at the Columbus yards and roundhouse; class J-1s doubleheading a coal drag.
- Nickel Plate Road: Berkshires and Hudsons hard at work on the NKP.
- Burlington: 4-8-4 Northern 5632 on an Illini Railroad Club excursion.
- Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range: a class M-4 Yellowstone in excursion service.
DVD Special Feature:
- Union Pacific: Challengers in helper service over the Wasatch Mountains; Big Boys on Sherman Hill; Consolidations and 0-6-0s as switchers; and 800-series Northerns in passenger and freight service.
- Southern Pacific: Pacifics in commuter service; 0-6-0s at the Oakland Mole; and GS-4s in freight and passenger service in the San Joaquin Valley.
- Colorado & Southern: 2-10-2s and 2-8-2s in road and helper service.
- Great Western Railway: number 51 in the yards at Loveland, Colorado; 2-10-0 Decapod 90 on freight drags; and 0-4-0s at the GW sugar mill in Loveland.
1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Chapter Menu provides instant access to program segments.
In Color with Hi-Fi Sound and Narration
Full-screen (4x3) Format
No region code; can be played in any NTSC DVD player worldwide
Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case
- TVD Avg Rating:
- 5 of 5 (2)
Award Value: 124 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 10 Mins|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|