Rubber City Rails Volume 1 Akron Heritage DVD
VIEW THE VARIETY OF THE 1950's IN THE RUBBER CITY REGION!
* 25 Minutes of BALTIMORE & OHIO steam and early diesel. Many scenes feature the massive EM-1 Mallets, along with Mountains, Mikes, Paciļ¬cs and switchers, EMD and ALCO types gleam as they head passenger and hotshot freight. See what happens when a Nash gets bashed by an E-6 "on a mail run at Kent in 1956! Many great winter sequences, plus the "General" on tour.
* ERIE diesel scenes mostly at the expansive Kent yard. See the panorama from a 100-foot light tower! F-3s on passenger, Erie-built #750, PAs on an office car special, wrecks and more.
* NICKEL PLATE steam & diesel, plus P&WV FMs at Harmon, Berkshire on the Erie interchange track, colorful GPs and O-8-O switchers.
* PENNSY and NEW YORK CENTRAL action at Brady Lake and Ravenna - along with more B&O! Baldwin
Sharks, Tuscan red passenger runs, NYC Fs, and coal train calamity.
* AKRON, CANTON & YOUNGSTOWN - Yellow FMs and "A day with the track gang", 1954. You will get tired just watching the manual labor involved in this priceless segment!
* THE 1960s to 1976 - short segment shows leased B&LE Fs passing a Lackawanna RS-2. D&H Alcos, other strange doings up to the eve of Conrail. Ending with a "Flare salute" as an E-L freight departs Kent.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 08 Mins|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.