Railroad Video Quarterly Issue 100 Summer 2017 2-Disc DVD Train Video
One Hundred !! It is with great pleasure that this special issue is offered to you! Looking back across twenty five years and two hundred hours of video can be a bit daunting, and only a few of our many contributors can be recognized. We extend sincere thanks at ALL who have helped fashion this "library" of railroading. The first of two discs is our "normal" issue, with a variety of steam and diesel, historic to contemporary, USA, Canada and International. A few segments from the early 1990s highlight the era of RVQ's origins. We have also attempted to highlight a few of our major contributors from recent years. There is a brief session in the kitchen with Mike Bednar, the voice" of Pechulis Media. Some items from late May to early June trips appear here: 611 Virginia action, Chattanooga doubleheader, and leading off Essex, CT steam train and river boat. A 1936 British film depicts the Postal Special on an overnight run to Scotland (check out the parallels with previous coverage of R.P.O.s). There are some great cab rides in New Zealand, and modem day scenes of heavy freight at Toledo and Rochelle something of interest for everyone, which has been our goal since 1992. The second two hour feature explains the origins of Revelation Video and R.V.Q., highlighting our contributors, interesting interviews, and your editor's favorite 25 submissions from contributors (a truly impossible, if self-inflicted, task). Whether this is your first look at the Quarterly or you have been with us since Issue One, I trust you may wish to continue with us. and perhaps spread the word and send us some of your prize film and video! Issue #101 (no Dalmatians.) is next this Fall !
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
1. ----2. 12 Min. 3. 24 Min. 4. 30 Min. 5. 37 Min.
6. 53 Min. 7. 1:04 8. 1:20 9. 1:25
10. 1:34 11. 1 : 40 12. 1:49 13. 1: 55
1) Connecticut Valley Line Steam & River Boat
2) East of Montreal CP & CN MLWs & VIA Rail
3) Holy TOLEDO! Norfolk Southern Freight Fleet
4) Ski Train Comeback Superliners to the Slopes
5) "Spirit of Roanoke" Memorial Weekend Excursions Plus Circus Train Final Run & More
6) NEW ZEALAND "J" and "K" Locos in 1990s
7) "Night Mail" 1936 British Documentary
8) Mike Bednar Discusses Lehigh Valley Career
9) Kantner Collection 2 Mid 50s to 1960s
10) ROCHELLE Rail Rambles UP Heritage Units, etc.
11) 630 / 4501 Chattanooga to Summerville ; Incline
12) D&H in Early CP Era (1990 1998)
13) Previews of two new Revelation Titles: "Day at the Museum" (Spencer) / "Longest Day 2017 Deshler, OH"
Disc Two Commemorative Highlights: Two Hours of Behind the Scenes, Memorable Moments, and Editor's Picks!
1) How it All Began
2) Interesting People Along the Journey
4) Museums & Restorations
3) Firsts, Lasts; Specials
5) Stations & Facilities
6) Short Lines & Mainlines
7) Some Unusual Happenings
8) International Flavor
9) Trolleys & Transit
10) Models & Miniatures
11) Editor's Picks: 25 Favorite RVQ submissions over 25 Years, in 25 Minutes.
Award Value: 89 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||4 Hours, 00 Mins|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.