Midwest Menagerie DVD
MoPac Fs grinding up Kirkwood Hill ... Illinois Terminal freight curving through Peoria streets... An extra-long "California Zephyr"... 4-8-4s hauling strings of G.T.W. heavy-weight varnish. Yes, it is quite a menagerie of rail "animals"!
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
We start with half an hour in and surrounding St. Louis. PCC cars roll downtown and near White Mill Station. Action at Union Station, then nearby locations including Granite City and West Alton, including freight & passenger action of TRRA, A&S, B&O, PRR, NYC, Katy, Frisco, Wabash, NKP, CB&Q, SOU, C&EI, L&N, M.P. (and M-I), SSW, IC, GM&O, I.T. and others.
Next, see ILLINOIS TERMINAL in the 1940s with 4-car tangerine-colored consists! Some b&w films show late 1930s-early 1940s in Peoria, and a fan trip with freight motor hauling Wabash coaches. There's also some Iowa freight traction. Then do some train watching along the North Shore and South Shore! Plus more from the 1960s in Illinois and Iowa (AT&SF, R.I., TP&W, MILW, CNW, SOO and more), and ending with steam on Grand Trunk Western as Northerns haul intercity and commuter consists in Michigan. ache" -73 minutes of great nostalgia!
See also: "Lincolnland Rails" WWI-America at ktd-Century• "Wallin's Wonders" (GM&O - RI) Rail Trek VoL 2
TVD NOTE: Cover states VHS, but this is a DVD.
Award Value: 107 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 13 Mins ($0.30/min)|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- This producer uses "Litescribe" media and therefore the "printed" side is susceptible to fine scratches and fingerprints. Because there are flyers included in some of these products, the flyer has a tendency to leave a few fine scratches on the surface. This will not affect the playability of the DVD.
- Some of the covers used from this producer may not properly fit the DVD cases.
- This producer has been known to change the cover design, so the cover image you see here may differ from the actual product.