Little Rivers Little Pacific DVD
When you think of all of the steam locomotives that were built in the U.S., the ranks of survivors are thin; even more so for operable examples. So what would the odds be that a one-of-a-kind locomotive built for a small logging operation not only survive, but operate in the Twenty-First Century?
But that is tale of Little River Railroad 4-6-2 #110. Reputed to be the smallest standard gauge Pacific ever built, she was constructed in 1911 to haul passenger trains on a logging railroad in the mountains of Tennessee. She changed hands when her original owner shut down, and was shoved onto a siding an abandoned when her second owner quit.
And then she was noticed by a family on vacation. The rest, as they say, is history.
We made two visits to today’s Little River Railroad in late May and late October, to film this unique locomotive in operation. We filmed trackside scenes, rode the cab, and mounted cameras around the locomotive and train to present the most comprehensive look at this one-of-a-kind survivor.
Running time 63 Minutes
Award Value: 89 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Little Rivers Little Pacific DVD|
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 03 Mins|
|Producer:||Diverging Clear Productions|
|Aspect Ratio:||Wide Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- Some of the DVDs or Blu-rays from this producer are manufactured using DVD-R or BD-R material.
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- The products this producer offers have a home-made appearance. They are usually made in extremely small quantities. Everything we sell is brand new direct from the producer.
- This product comes in a slimline 7mm width DVD case.