Heritage Series Union Pacific and Cotton Belt Midwest Joint Lines DVD
All aboard for a look at a time when Union Pacific and Southern Pacific trains ran side by side on two lines into St. Louis in Missouri and Illinois.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
S.P. subsidiary St. Louis Southwestern gained trackage rights over the Jefferson City Subdivision as part of the U.P.'s approval to acquire the Missouri Pacific in 1982. Locations visited on this line include Kirkwood, Valley Park, Castlewood and Gray Summit.
S.S.W. trains ran over the Chester Subdivision in Illinois since the early 20th Century, as part of a joint deal where MoPac trains also used S.S.W. owned trackage in Missouri. Locations seen on this line include Dupo, Gorham, Johns Spur, Reynoldsville and Thebes.
This program was filmed during a period of variety, when locomotives and cabooses painted for MoPac, M-K-T and Denver & Rio Grande Western were still common. S.P. Kodachrome and yellow MoPac units are also seen.
It was certainly an era of variety never to be repeated!
Award Value: 89 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 55 Mins ($0.16/min)|
|Producer:||Diverging Clear Productions|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- Some or all of the DVDs or Blu-rays from this producer are manufactured using DVD-R or BD-R material.
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- The products this producer offers have a home-made appearance. They are usually made in extremely small quantities. Everything we sell is brand new direct from the producer.
- This product comes in a slimline 7mm width DVD case.