Heritage Series Union Pacific MoPac Merger Years 1986-1988 DVD Train Video
The Union Pacific Railroad dates back to 1862, when President Abraham Lincoln signed the Pacific Railroad Bill to authorize the construction of a railroad from the Missouri River to the Pacific Ocean. At the dawn of the 1980s the Union Pacific was essentially the same railroad, but that was about to change. U.P. absorbed the Missouri Pacific in 1982 and the Western Pacific in 1983, resulting in a railroad that reached from the Pacific Northwest and southern California to Chicago and the Gulf Coast.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
This program looks at Missouri Pacific territory in Illinois as the Union Pacific image was taking hold between 1986 and 1988. Plenty of power still wore M.P. blue, but locomotives were being repainted in U.P. colors with Missouri Pacific lettering. Toward the end of this period, M.P. engines were being repainted in full U.P. livery. Climb aboard for a look at the newly acquired Union Pacific lines centered on Salem, Illinois, with visits to the St. Louis area at Dupo, Illinois, and Kirkwood, Missouri. We also follow one of the last train to run over the former Missouri & Illinois out of Centralia, Illinois.
The Heritage Series features railroads as they were, from fallen flags to steam locomotives in excursion service that are no longer in operation today.
Award Value: 89 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Runtime:||1 Hour, 49 Mins|
|Producer:||Diverging Clear Productions|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- Some of the DVDs or Blu-rays from this producer are manufactured using DVD-R or BD-R material.
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- The products this producer offers have a home-made appearance. They are usually made in extremely small quantities. Everything we sell is brand new direct from the producer.
- This product comes in a slimline 7mm width DVD case.