Heritage Series Burlington Northern in the Former Q Coal Fields DVD
Running through the southern third of Illinois, the former Chicago, Burlington & Quincy line from Centralia to Metropolis, Illinois, was always a coal line. For much of its history, the coal moved on the line was mined locally and shipped to locations to the north and west. With the advent of clean air legislation and the boom of low sulfer coal from the Powder River Basin, that flow of coal reversed.
Back Cover View Exists - Click to View
This program features action on the line filmed between 1986 and 1991, with U30C, C30-7 and SD40-2 locomotives as the main power moving western coal to Joppa, Illinois, and Paducah, Kentucky. Oakway SD60s, GP20s, GP30s, GP35s, GP40s, and an SD9 are also seen. In addition to coal trains, manifest freights and intermodal trains are also seen. Trains are seen in all seasons, including snow scenes.
In addition to scenes filmed at Centralia, other locations include Cravat Hill, Woodlawn, Boulder, Shattuc and Smithboro. Considerable time is also spent on Goreville Hill, the stretch of former Chicago & Eastern Illinois (now Union Pacific) between Neilson and West Vienna which includes the steep grade from Neilson to Goreville.
The Heritage Series features railroads as they were, from fallen flags to steam locomotives in excursion service that are no longer in operation today.
Award Value: 89 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|Producer:||Diverging Clear Productions|
|Aspect Ratio:||Full Screen|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|ITEM NOTES REGARDING THIS PRODUCER
- Some of the videos from this producer may have been acquired from home movie or video equipment. Please understand that these DVDs may not look crystal clear on modern equipment. These DVDs are offered because of their historical significance.
- Some of the DVDs or Blu-rays from this producer are manufactured using DVD-R or BD-R material.
- This producer chooses not to shrinkwrap most of their products. All the products we sell are brand new direct from the producer. We never sell used or second-hand products.
- The products this producer offers have a home-made appearance. They are usually made in extremely small quantities. Everything we sell is brand new direct from the producer.
- This product comes in a slimline 7mm width DVD case.