HD Trains Steam Giants 4 Disc Bluray Set
See the biggest and most beautiful steam trains like never before - in high definition! The 4-disc Blu-ray set, HD Trains, includes spectacular footage of meticulously restored steamers from the 1930s and ’40s, glorious winter scenery and breathtaking film of one of the best steam lines in the world.
Steam Giants: See three of the largest steamers running today! Watch the Southern Pacific #4449 (“The Daylight”), Union Pacific’s beloved #844 and the Nickel Plate #765, aka the “Berkshire.”
Winter Steam in the Rockies: Visit Colorado’s famous Durango & Silverton and enjoy a series of steam freight trains from the 1930s. Visit High Line, the Animas River Canyon and Needleton in the winter!
Steam Ghosts: Travel to the Nevada Northern and see steam-powered freight and passenger trains. Then head to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains of Utah and the Heber Valley Railroad.
Cavalcade of Steam: Enjoy Amish Country along the Strasburg Railroad before heading west to the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad and go from the high desert to an alpine setting at 10,000 feet!
Total run time: Approx. 240 minutes
* Gorgeous trains and scenery in HD!
* 4 hours, 4 complete programs
* Includes steam trains in wintery Colorado scenery
* Travel the Nevada Northern and the Heber Valley Railroad
* Enjoy Pennsylvania’s Amish Country along the Strasburg Railroad
* See beautiful restored steam trains from bygone eras
* Films include Steam Giants, Winter Steam in the Rockies, Steam Ghosts and Cavalcade of Steam
Blu-ray optical disc player or Sony PS3
* There are condition notes for this producer!
1) Some of the multiple disc set titles from this producer come in "stacked" cases. That is the discs are stacked on top of each other in a special case.
- TVD Avg Rating:
- 4 of 5 (1)
Award Value: 149 Points Earn points for free DVDs. Signup free.
|DVD Length :||
4 Hours, 00 Mins|
|Disc Type:||Blu-Ray Hi Def|
|Region Code:||0 Worldwide NTSC|
This is a Blu Ray disc.
You willl need a Blu Ray player to view this title.
It will NOT play on a standard DVD player!
SteamBoy (Revere, MA) on 2011-12-29 06:45:29.
People who found this review helpful: 1
Ever Since Santa Gave Me This SPECIAL Program It Includes Some Steamers That My Dad & Myself Visited In The Past Years. Disc 1 Focused On 4449, 765, & 844 Operating Their Own Excursions Throughout 2009. I Only Rode On 4449 On Thursday, While The Program Is On A Friday. I REALLY WANTED To Ride On 765, But Overall, It Is What It Is.
Additional remarks by SteamBoy:
Narration CAN be turned off in special features.
Would kids enjoy this? Definitely!
Image quality: Excellent!
DVD Value:: Fair.
Recommend to others? A "Must Have"!
Respond to this review